Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Trip down Memory Lane

Kevin and I took a road trip to the West Coast of Florida last week, specifically Clearwater, St Petersburg, Madeira Beach, Redington Beach and Marco Island. I was very excited, as I hadn't been in this neck of the woods for years! Kevin and I actually honeymooned at the Holiday Inn in Madeira Beach almost 30 years ago . Sadly, the hotel was torn down and replaced with a hi-rise condo building. I was very eager to see the house my family vacationed at every year for 20+ years when I was a young girl, but had to call my mother to get the exact address. We drove by it a few times before I realized this was the house! I was disappointed that this trip did not rekindle all the amazing times shared in that house.



Now, don't get me wrong - the house is beautiful, and what a location! Right on the Gulf of Mexico! My mother says the family that owned it sold it a few years back for only a mere $650,000. What a buy.

I found myself in unfamiliar territory. No landmarks. A totally new area.