Sunday, November 11, 2007

First Day on the Job...

My debut ....
I was able to get only a 1 hour timeslot for my first shift. Maybe someone was looking out for me....
Oh, my GOD!
What a nightmare!!
Logging into all 5 programs was a breeze...I did this 15 minutes before my shift was to begin, not realizing that once I logged into the virtual phone pad, the calls would begin. Oh, well, live and learn...
My first call was from Lisa, who wanted to check to see if the gift card that she had used on her order processed the night before. I was THRILLED! Easy enough for my first call! Well, once I got into the program, my mind went completely blank. I could not navigate through her order to save my life! This call ended up taking 25 minutes...
My next call was a man who was admitting that his Visa card was charged for only 2 out of 6 invoices. This took me only 30 minutes to realize that he paid with a gift card for the bulk of his order - the Visa paid the rest. By the time I documented these calls, my shift was over.
WOW, two calls in one hour (and 15 minutes)....hmmm, thats $1.45 per call for a whopping $2.90....I guess I shouldn't have quit my day job so fast!
They say, time flies when you are having fun....this was the longest hour of my life!!